Setting yearly goals is great whether in your personal life, business life or both. Setting those goals doesn’t get you to the prize though. Once you’ve decided on a goal, you need to map out a plan for actually achieving that thing you want to conquer.
This is where I’ve struggled in the past. I know what I want to accomplish in the coming year but figuring out how to actually get there is the challenge. This year I decided to be transparent about my struggles with part of achieving my goals and share with you how I’m working on them.
At the start of each quarter, I’ll be giving you a seasonal overview where I’ll recap the previous quarter and then share what I’ve got planned for the new quarter. Think of it as smaller goals or my seasonal bucket list. Either way, these are smaller parts of my overall yearly goals.
At the start of each month, I’ll be breaking things down even more to the exact things I’ll be working for the month and of course be real about what did and didn’t get done in the past month.
Seasonal Overview – Q1
- Set up the Shop: My goal is to officially open the shop on April 1st (the start of the second quarter of the year) so over the next three months, I need to be working on finalizing the product list, designing the shop, and everything that goes along with it.
- Finish our Year Long House Renovations: B and I ordered new living room furniture so we’ve been working hard to get everything done so we can put the house back together.
- Set up our Guest Bedroom Suite: This one is completely dependant on how long it takes for the kitchen / dining room / mudroom / pantry project but I’m hoping.
- 100 Instagram followers – You may be laughing at this tiny number but we all start somewhere.
January Goals and Reading List
January is all about starting the year off right and this month kicks off a couple new things that I am super excited about. So here goes:
- Blog consistently based on my planned schedule.
- Successfully Start two new monthly blog series.
- Send out Planner pack for February
- Share a DIY project
- Take new progress photos of the reno project to share
- Complete the planning phase of the new shop and start working on the designs
January Reading List:
- Words that Sell, Revised and Expanded Edition by Richard Bayan
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
Next month will hopefully start making more sense as I evaluate where I’m at with my goals. I’ll also share real numbers with you so you can see what’s actually working and what isn’t right along with me.