Happy New Year! I am so excited to be starting a brand new year and I have so many things that I want to accomplish this year that I’ve had to slow down, take a breath and pace myself!
Through all ups and downs throughout 2020, I also experienced some really amazing things. For that I am so grateful, but as I began planning for the new year, I realized there was very little I actually accomplished toward my goals last year.
Many of my goals for 2021 are revised goals from last year. I’ve gone through them one-by-one making sure they fit where I am right now.
BLOG GOALS FOR 2021
- Divert at least 30% of my work week to the blog.
- Establish a consistent social media schedule and increase Instagram following by 500 and Facebook by 100 by end of 2021.
- Build 1000 new email subscribers by end of year.
- Rebrand Twig and White to Bethann Renee and officially transition by end of First Quarter. (More on this to come)
- Continued Education (prefer not to give details on this just yet)
- Start offering design services. (more about this later.)
Personal Goals for 2020 (in no particular order) These aren’t measurable so I’m not sure they are actually goals but these are the things that are on my heart and mind.
- Work out at least 4 days a week every week
- Finish EBA by end of March
- Complete 1 course per quarter
- Schedule time to allow myself to be more creative (this applies to all areas of my life from home decor, to the blog and of course my stationery company)
- Do at least one thing each week that pushes me past my fears.
- Strengthen willpower / Be more mindful (from mindless eating to shiny object syndrome)
- Limit limitations / embrace limitations (I use limitations as an excuse for failure)
- Be more proactive and less reactive
- Manage Time Better (I time block but sometimes get lazy. I want to be more consistent)
- Be Grateful for Where I am Right Now (Get back into daily journaling so I can see in black and white how far I’ve come)
- Better manage stress / eliminate stress (this ties in to the self-care but it also relates to a couple areas of my life that give me stress that I need to deal with this year)
- Strive for Better Financial Flexibility (I want us to cut back on unnecessary spending so that we have more money to travel and save.)
Goals for the House in 2021
- New Roof
- Finish The Side Porch Project
- Move Side Door to Kitchen
- Move Basement Steps to inside
- Declutter Room by Room
- Finish Flooring in Front Room Upstairs and Finish Makeover / updates
- Finish Upstairs Den
- New Flooring in Back / Guest Bedroom
- New Flooring and Built-ins in Guest Bedroom Hallway
- Update Guest bathroom
- Update First floor powder room
- New flooring and updates in Studio and Office
- Update Studio Entry outside
- Update Hall Bathroom Upstairs
- A Few Updates in the Master Bedroom
- Finish Garden
- Add Skirt under deck on back of the house
Goals for Coastal Cottage in 2021
- Finish Guest Bedroom
- Finish Hallway and Laundry Area
- Finish Bathroom on First floor
- Finish kitchen and Dining Room
- Finish living area
- Repair and Update front porch
- Add shed in back yard
- Phase 1 landscaping and driveway
- Install Central Heat and Air
That feels like a lot to accomplish this year but I’m really excited to see what happens and what the new year will bring.