Happy New Year! I hope the new year is off to a great start for you and that this year is everything you want it to be.
After getting a bit burned out, I took some time off of the blog to just LIVE and I think the time off without expectations and added deadlines turned out to be really good for me. Hopefully over the coming weeks and months, I can get you caught up on all that has happened.
I am super excited to be back blogging again and today is all about my goals for 2020. My goals this year center around the idea of being “Fearless”. It would probably make more sense if you read my business goals (my day job) but it applies here too.
My word of the year is all about stepping outside my comfort zone and going for #allthethings I’ve been dreaming about. My dreams are definitely not what they were 10 or 15 years ago. Why they have changed would take me all day but I feel like I’m finally in a place where I’m ready to figure out how to make them happen.
Blog Goals for 2020
- Block out at least 25% of my work week for the blog. I often work on the blog in the evening but I’d like to make consistent time during the day for photographing, etc.
- Establish consistent social media schedule and grow facebook and instagram followers by 500 each by end of year. This was my plan for this past year and an epic fail because I didn’t really establish actionable steps. I’ve got them this year!
- Build 1000 email subscribers by end of year. I got lazy with the emails so that is about to change.
- RC vs. TW. (make lists, talk to B and family and decide) I wont get into specifics but I’m having a major moment about somehow bringing together my two worlds / two loves.
- Design business cards and print them. Take on branding clients?
- Start offering design services. (more about this later.)
Personal Goals for 2020 (in no particular order) These aren’t measurable so I’m not sure they are actually goals but these are the things that are on my heart and mind.
- Practice Better Self Care (schedule work out time just like everything else, listening to my body when I’m stressed, burning out, need alone time, etc.)
- Clear the clutter (I’m starting a new blog series that all about clearing clutter)
- Learn More (I have a few classes I want to complete this year)
- Let go of Past (I’ve mourned the unwanted changes in my business long enough. I’m ready to let it go and really start moving forward)
- Be more creative (this applies to all areas of my life from home decor, to the blog and of course my stationery company)
- Travel as much as possible (I would really love to see B and I do some traveling outside of our beach trips)
- Eliminate procrastinations (the root for me is fear…need I say more?)
- Strengthen willpower / Be more mindful (from mindless eating to shiny object syndrome)
- Limit limitations / embrace limitations (I use limitations as an excuse for failure)
- Be more proactive and less reactive
- Manage Time Better (I time block but sometimes get lazy. I want to be more consistent)
- Be Grateful for Where I am Right Now (Get back into daily journaling so I can see in black and white how far I’ve come)
- Better manage stress / eliminate stress (this ties in to the self-care but it also relates to a couple areas of my life that give me stress that I need to deal with this year)
- Strive for Better Financial Flexibility (I want us to cut back on unnecessary spending so that we have more money to travel and save.)
Goals for the House in 2020
- New Roof
- Rebuild Side Porch
- Move Side Door to Porch
- Finish Cement siding on Office Side
- Basement Steps
- Year of Decluttering
- Build Barn door for the shed
- Renovate / Upgrade the Studio
- Update Studio Entry
- Guest Bedroom Suite
- Redo our Master Bedroom
- Update tile in older bathrooms
That feels like a lot to accomplish this year but I’m really excited to see what happens and what the new year will bring.